Monday, February 1, 2010

Jumping Into 2010: The First Step to Success is Getting Started

This is a story that is so beautiful I just had to share it with you. It is a story about a mom’s determination and persistence. This story means a lot to me because without meaning to, she motivated me and so many others to rise up, drop our excuses and make that change.
I was thrilled when I asked her to be a guest blogger and she agreed.
I hope you enjoy this very motivational true story shared by Ja’Net herself; a very empowering post. Enjoy!

Theody



Here we are, one month into the beginning of a brand new decade...

It's time to stop and take a moment to think about what we've accomplished so far. Chances are that when the ball dropped signalling the beginning of 2010 you probably made a resolution or two, or maybe you set a few goals to accomplish throughout the course of the year? Have you lived up to your expectations so far?
With the dawn of the new decade upon us, many people feel like it's time for change, but don't know how to get started or are intimidated by the idea of actually changing something about their lifestyle. I know exactly how you feel because I felt that way also.
Do you want to get in shape, but don't know how to get started? Perhaps you want to find that special someone but are scared of rejection? Or maybe, you want to be able to work from home so that you can help your family financially while still taking care of the kids? Regardless of what you want to do, you can't do anything if you don't try.
It might seem hard or intimidating to get started, but by taking small steps you can do those things that you think are impossible and you can do them now. In fact, the sooner you start the sooner you will find yourself on the road to success.
How can I say that with such a strong and confident tone? I can say it, because I know it's true.
My story starts out when my family came into hard times financially, just like everyone else has recently. With my significant other working from 9-5 Monday through Friday and a toddler in the house I needed to find a flexible job that would work with our schedule. I couldn't find affordable childcare or an out of the home job that would allow me to work evenings so I turned to the internet with a barrel full of doubts, a skeptical attitude and the knowledge that if this didn't work, we would find ourselves falling deeper and deeper into debt.
My goals were modest. All I wanted to do was earn enough to put food on the table each week and keep gas in our Jeep. In October I decided that I would baby step my way up to making $400 a month, or $100 a week, by the end of 2009. My journey began with a few "Get Paid To" sites and survey sites as well as a meager goal of earning $200 in my first month. Not only did I reach my goal, but I even exceeded it, and I continued to do so through the rest of 2009.
Over the last quarter of the year I picked up some private clients and began writing as my confidence grew. As I branched out into new waters my earnings flourished. My goals for the last three months of 2009, and my actual earnings, were as follows:

October's Goal: $200 - October's Earnings: $239.23
November's Goal: $300 - November's Earnings: $777.28
December's Goal: $400 - December's Earnings: $1,192.85

And this was all from the comfort of my own home, with no investments and no schedule commitments.
By the time December rolled around, I was kicking myself on a daily basis. My significant other and I sat down one evening and I vented for over an hour about how upset I was for not doing this sooner. For over a year I had been unemployed and had deemed our situation hopeless after being unable to find any work outside of the home, but it turned out that I had the ability to make a decent income at my fingertips the whole time. While I was scrounging the internet and applying for job after job, I could have been legitimately making money from home instead if I had just swallowed my doubts and cynicism and plunged into it.
Whatever it is that you want to do this year can be achieved if you take a deep breath and dive head first into it in 2010. Whether it's losing weight, finding love or discovering a way to work from home, you can do it if you put your doubts and fears in check and take a chance. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's impossible like I did or you'll be kicking yourself later on just like I did.
legitimate work at from home jobs signature Earning at Home Button

J. Powell is a young mother with a rambunctious little boy and a passion for helping others. Her work at home journey began in late September of 2009 and has been going strong ever since. She hopes to help as many families as possible learn how to benefit from legitimate work from home jobs. You can learn more about J and her journey visit here

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that. I think we all need a kick in the butt now and then. Sometimes we can get to relaxed and need that kick of motivation. Found you on MBC. Following now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Dalia. We all need a dose of motivation every now & then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for giving me the chance to be a guest blogger here. I really appreciate it :)

    And Dalia, I agree completely. Getting motivated can be rough, but once you get started it's a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty amazing story really - good for you!
    I'll be back soon:)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kristin.

    J.Powell is a great lady and I thought her story was too good, for it not to be shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Kristin :)

    A lot of people have told me that my story and blog has inspired them, and the truth is, that just hearing that inspires me to keep working and exploring new things. The more I learn the more I can share, and the more other people can benefit.

    Thanks again for giving me the chance to blog for you Theody. I really do appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.