Tuesday, February 2, 2010

KNOCKOUT ENTREPRENUER: A Book Review


I was reluctant to review this book. I was so certain it was going to be a very, "boring-put-me-to-sleep" kind of book. After reading reviews by others who had read it, I decided to give it a try. I was in for a pleasant surprise,and found this book to be insightful and motivational.
The KNOCKOUT ENTREPRENEUR was written by George Foreman(a two-time Heavyweight Champion). It is a business book filled with principles and strategies to help you succeed.

From the publisher's website:

Readers remember George Foreman as the former Heavyweight Boxing Champion and the spokesman for the popular George Foreman Grill. What they may not know is that he is also a successful entrepreneur whose portfolio today boasts the George Foreman Grill, George Foreman's Knockout Cleaner, a line of clothing with Casual Male, fitness videos, Elgin watches, and much more. In Knockout Entrepreneur, Foreman shares his success secrets with aspiring and current entrepreneurs.

This is a motivational book. I enjoyed reading every chapter. Chapter 5-tells you to do the unexpected, to be counter intuitive.To do the opposite of what people expect you to do. In the same breath,he encourages you to be humble. He states that the most aggressive thing you can do, is be humble. The reason he encourages this, is because meekness is not weakness, but power under control.I found that very contrary to the message you read in most business books. Where it is often recommended that you toot your own horn.

There are important nuggets in this book that will help you in business and in life.

3 comments:

  1. I'd be more interested in reading about his transformation from one of the most powerful boxers in the world with a punch that rang the ears of men for weeks following a bout to loveable pitchman. I know that book is out there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica.Now that you mention it, I'm curious myself and I think that will make an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I enjoy reading something that I didn't even expect to like. Great post, Theody!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.